Artisan Chocolate Festival Warms Up Docklands This Winter
MELT AWAY MELBOURNE
AUGUST 7 – 9 2015, DOCKLANDS PRECINCT
The mouth-watering and indulgent Melt Away Chocolate Festival Melbourne will sweeten up the Docklands precinct from Friday, 7 to Sunday 9 August.
This inaugural celebration of all things chocolate boasts tantalising treats from some of the world’s leading artisan chocolatiers including Mörk Chocolate, Tonantzin Aztec Artisan Chocolate and Sissy’s Gourmet Delight.
With Chocoholic Tours, workshops and master classes, children’s activities and enticing chocolate and beverage pairings taking place across NewQuay Piazza and Library at the Dock, here are just some features your tastebuds would be terrified to miss:
- Several Tasting Bars will treat grown-up visitor to a one hour chocolate pairing session with their drink of choice including Belgian beer, Pommery Champagne, whisky and cognac (Library at the Dock, 2pm – 5pm Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $20)
- Perfect for the chocolate aficionado who wants to know more about the plantation to product process, a Chocoholic Tour will educate visitors on chocolate tasting techniques as well as give them insight into key chocolatiers at the festival (11am, 1pm and 3pm Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $10)
- Workshops and master classes led by the best in the business will be run all weekend, including a demonstration by Brenda Yvonne on how to make Mexican Day of the Dead chocolate skulls and a step-by-step presentation from Mámor Chocolates and High Tea Szalón on the process of making dipped and moulded truffles (from 10:15am Saturday and Sunday)
- Visitors will be able to kick back in Smooth FM’s chocolate lounge, while enjoying offerings from the chocolate drink bar and flowing chocolate fountains. On the Saturday and Sunday nights, a DJ will add to the ambiance
- Create Your Own Treat is an edible art and craft based activity for the kids. Chocolate pieces are provided with an assortment of lollies so they can experience the excitement of creating their own tasty delight (10am – 5pm Saturday and Sunday)
Visit www.meltawaymelbourne.com for more information and to purchase tickets
Docklands precinct NewQuay Piazza: 1/401 Docklands Dr Library at the Dock: 107 Victoria Harbour Promenade
Friday, 7 August – 6:30pm until 9:00pm
Saturday, 8 August – 10:00am until 10:00pm
Sunday, 9 August – 12noon until 9:00pm
General admission (Adult) – $22.50
General admission (Family, 2 x adults and 2 x children under 18) – $64.50
Extra child (10 – 18 years) – $18.00
General admission (group ticket, minimum of 10 people) – $18.00
CHILDREN UNDER 10 ARE FREE
General Admission grants you access to all non-ticketed features of the festival including an unlimited and free ferry service and goodie bag for the first 5,000 attendees.